Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10/13/08

Yes, I got Malaria by a mosquito. Malaria was no fun. We stayed in for three days. We played a lot of cards. I taught the guys Kings Corner and Golf. THEY LOVE GOLF!! I KILL THEM AT IT!! hahaha. The last game we played I had 90 point (we played 18 holes) and they had 191 and 189. It was hilaraious. While we were in we made this awesome desert with ice cream and bananas. Don't worry, I am not eating bad. Everyone tells me I am getting skinny and I just laugh.

Transfers were this week and it was crazy. No one in our district moved any where. We have a new Zone Leader Elder Maricu and he is awesome. I love that guy and we just make fun of each other. While we were hanging out in the apartment playing cards Elder Morriss said we use him like a punching bag with all our jokes, so his new nickname is "Everlast". He didn't enjoy that but it is funny.

I AM PAST 2 MONTHS IN THE FIELD!! haha, man, that is weird. 1/12 of the way done with my mission. Gone by pretty fast. This is going to be over so soon. My 2 month celebration included listeing to music and finishing off my Beef Jerkey. You guys, you don't need to send that many packages. I just want a christmas package and that is cool. I will tell you now, that I want a "Perfect Pushup". I have been using it with Wood and it is awesome. I will have some sort of a chest when I get home! haha.

While I was hanging out I taught myself magic tricks and I did them for a family we were teaching. They FLIPPED OUT! It was so funny. They couldn't figure out how we did it. That same family had three of their kids being baptized the next day, so on Saturday we went and played football with them and chopped (ate)fufu. I took a video of that too. I will send home pictures in the next week or two. The baptism was awesome. So many people came! The people we baptism felt so welcomed! The parents of those baptized want to be baptized in a month.

I got the letter from Patrick and Stephanie sent me a package. I love her, she sent me a bunch of pictures. It was a suprise because I wasn't expecting one from her. Its all good.

Yesterday at church our ward mission leader was pulling people over to us in the halls and saying "book an apointment to see their friends". It was so funny and the members were laughing bunch we got a bunch of referalls. After church everything was going slow so me and Wood went to a bible study that these Nigerians hold near our house. It was funny cus they were discussing somthing and I used a scripture from the Book of Mormon. when I was done the guy in charge was like " ok, now lets turn our BIBLES to..." I just laughed. Other than that this week was slow. I hope I am writing in better detail. I got moms eletter that said I wasn't so I am trying harder.

Yea, the Sabeys called every every day to see how I was, then told me you emailed, I just laughed. I got one letter and the pictures of Kristin, maybe the others will come soon. It is hard to only have a few minutes to look at them cus I want to look all day.

Wow, no more coaching, that will be weird. Not normall at all. Guess I have to deal with it. I am happy for you. It is good that things are working out for her. I haven't seen the article, hopefully I will. That is cool about the family.

Malaria is a drag. you feel weak and powerless. You don't want to move at all but you have to cus you have to poop every 10 minutes. Then when it is all over you are constipated. haha. It was horrible.

I love you so much and hope everything continues to look up! Can't wait to hear from you next week!

Love you,Elder Halling

No comments: