Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23, 2008

That is good that the stickers are adding up for you, time goes by pretty slow here. I need to hit that 3 month mark before I die.

Ghana is a trash can country. They don't have trash cans anywhere so people litter like crazy. It rains every day and it is nuts. Suame, where I am, is the largest car parts market in the world. You can buy anything to do with a car here. People only shake and do things with their right hand cus those who are too poor to buy t-roll (toilet paper) use their left hand.

We had a baptism this weekend. The man's name is Godfree. It was like everything was going wrong that day. The water to the baptismal font wasn'tworking so we carried buckets and used a hose. That was a blast, then Godfreedidn't mention he was afraid of water. It took 10 times before I got him allthe way under. I have his name and the baptismal prayer down by heart.

The currency exchange is really close to 1:1. 1 dollar for 1 cedi. Things are cheaper here but that still isn't a bunch of money. I manage to get by though. We learned how to make Garden Egg Stew last night so when I come home I am going to make you guys some true Ghanian dishes. I am eating really healthy. Every stew we make have tons of vegetables and I get a bunch of manderan oranges for 1 cedi at the market.

I still don't have the package. It should be here within the nextweek. Just don't worry about sending the package by 10 day delivery cus itdoesn't help. 5 months? That confused me a bit. I am trying to stay positive, it gets hard though. I am teaching in a District meeting this morning so I have to go to that.

I hope all is well andI will write next Monday. Elder Halling

No comments: